This month’s key forecasts for ferroalloys have been prepared and posted online by the Fastmarkets team.
- Alloy surcharges: Where is the rally on the metal markets heading?
- Alloy surcharges expected to rise further in Q1 2021
- Alloy surcharges have a strong start into 2021
- European surcharges for stainless steel alloys will reach the 2020 highs in December
In a nutshell: Ore and alloy prices increased in January 2021
In a nutshell, in a strong start to the year, January saw ore and alloy price increases across all markets assessed by Fastmarkets.
- After months of relative price stability, chromium prices have soared in recent weeks.
- Manganese ore and alloy prices are rising due to supply constraints; not only have several smelters shut down their alloy production, but there are several pandemic-related logistics issues – particularly in South Africa – that are affecting supply.
- Fastmarkets maintains its positive outlook for vanadium demand in 2021, supported by the continued expansion of global economies recovering from the Covid 19 pandemic and the positive impact of government stimulus programs. Especially with regard to infrastructure spending and thus reinforcement and vanadium consumption.
Steelnews.biz constantly searches the Internet for important, interesting and informative news.
Are you missing an information, do you have a question or are you interested that we refer to a certain article or press release of Steelnews.biz? Then simply contact us now.
We always try to refer to the correct source of a news item.
Disclaimer: Many things here represent our opinion. Others are information from the Internet. We can therefore never claim to be correct or complete. And never base a business decision solely on the news you receive from us.